Home Abstracts » Poster Guidelines
Poster Presentation Guidelines
Posters in each Congress topic will be displayed according to the schedule set out on the Poster Sessions page; presenting authors should be available at their poster to explain and discuss their work to interested participants from 13:45–14:45 during the poster session slot of the relevant day.
- Posters will be displayed in portrait format.
- The dimensions of the poster should not exceed 70 cm wide x 120 cm high.
- Abstract title, author(s) and affiliation(s) should appear on top of the poster.
- The text, illustrations, etc. should be bold enough to be read from a distance of two meters (six feet).
- Tacks will be available at the poster helpdesk for the mounting of posters.
- Accepted abstracts will be available online just prior to the conference on the Congress website (via the abstract search tool), the Congress app, and, if submitted by the May deadline, The FEBS Journal supplement of abstracts, to enable participants to comfortably decide which posters to visit.
- In addition, delegates are invited to upload their poster to the Congress website as a pdf from their participant account from 1st to 10th September, to be viewable by other delegates only, from 5th to 21st September 2017. Find out more about this here.
- Authors are responsible for setting up their own poster as early as possible in the morning and removing their poster at the end of the evening.
- All poster participants received a board number which they will post their poster to
- There are stewardesses and a poster help desk to assist you and all participants looking for you
FEBS Press Poster Prizes
'Poster of the Day' prizes for outstanding scientific posters at the FEBS Congress will be awarded by The FEBS Journal, FEBS Letters, Molecular Oncology and FEBS Open Bio – and from these, four overall journal poster prize winners will be selected to receive a prize of €200 at the Closing Session. For more information, click here.
Poster printing could be carried out in a printing house that is a 30 minutes walk from the Congress venue. The details are the following:
HDP - Professional Printing House
Contact person: Ophir
Address: 1 Shmuel Hanagid Jerusalem
Two options for scientific poster printing are offered:
- Synthetic Fabric: 70x120 cm poster will cost ~216 NIS (including VAT) (Fast drying time, not sensitive to the touch, easily folded into suitcase)
- Semi-Gloss 170g paper: 70x120 cm poster will cost 177 NIS (including VAT) (Long drying time, sensitive to the touch)
The following formats are preferred : PDF, PS, TIFF, JPEG. Please try and avoid PPTX or DOCX files if possible (we can handle these files, but they require additional handling time and proof cycle that might delay printing).
If sufficient orders will be obtained delivery to ICC will be arranged